Robust and flexible, this high-tech knife holder combines efficiency and safety.
By its conception, it contributes to optimize quality and profitability of the production.
Inventor of the self-aligning knife holder in 1995 , AMN offers an efficient solution to the problems of loss of pellet cutting performance. ACE series combine self-alignment ability, robustness, and easy handling.
A MODULAR CONCEPT: ACE series are suitable for any type of pelletizer and consist in 3 parts for the ACE 1 version and for the ACE 2 ( 4 for the ACE 2 version ):
- The flexible hub installed on the pelletizer shaft,
- The removable knife ring fixed onto the hub,
- The removable protection shield attached to the knife ring.
- In the ACE 2 version, the knife holder is equipped with a grooved cone to canalize the water to each knife and is associated with a HOW 2 CIS Amn die plate.
- The flexible hub provides the self-alignment ability (universal joint system) which compensates vibrations and small misalignments,
- ACE design requires no lubricant, springs or rubber bushing.
- There is no possibility of axial movement, so full forward pressure is directly applied to the knives.
- The removable knife ring is cost effective:
- The hub can stay on the shaft while a knife ring already equipped with a set of new knives is installed,
- Only one hub is required for the use of several different knife rings with same or different number of knives to adapt to your process conditions.
- The safety shield (easily attached to the knife ring) offers a complete protection to the operators during handling operations.
- Specifically designed to enhance the production of high MIs and peroxyded grades,
- Better pellet cool-off before cutting translates to a cleaner cut with less tails, fines and agglomerates,
- Easier start-ups by reducing the risk of plastic wraps,
- Significant reduction of the cavitation phenomenon by balancing the water pressure on both sides of the knife holder,
- Improves pellet ejection.
|HOW1 die plate|||
|HOW2 CIS die plate *|||
* central water injection system (see How series)